Contemporary Fine-Art Newborn Photography in South Wales
by Mark & Rhianne Nicholls
Proud members of
We specialise in contemporary fine-art newborn & wedding photography, designing exquisite pieces of artwork for clients to love, cherish, and reminisce over for years to come.
Our experience as high-end wedding photographers; the skill to compose, edit and produce elegant, graceful wedding/bridal portraits, coupled with an eye for beautiful light gives us an inimitable and unrivalled perspective when photographing our clients.
As parents ourselves we see how beautiful new life is; how precious the gift of parenthood is; and how the first few days/weeks after your baby is born can pass in a fast, dreamy daze.
Our goal is to combine all of this to celebrate the new chapter in your life by capturing these moments, creating breath-taking images for you to keep and reflect on, remembering the days of when your little one would curl up and snuggle on your chest; a memory that grows ever more precious with each passing year.
We create beautiful images of your baby within the first 14 days of them being born for those wonderfully serene moments that make the most amazing pieces of wall art.
So, if you're expecting a baby and want to remember the days that followed after your life changed forever, your baby's sweet little face and the calmness of their cuddles, and of course if you love what we do, then get in touch using our contact form. We'd love to hear from you!
PRICING & INVESTMENT
Newborn photo sessions take place in our studio in Newbridge, between Newport and Blackwood, South Wales, and are to be carried out within 14 days of baby being born.
We offer several options to create the perfect photographic art for you and your home, whether that be wall art, an heirloom album or a combination of both.
We offer three Art Collections which include finished printed images, and/or heirloom albums. Please get in touch to request a copy of these.
Art Collection prices start at £299, though our clients typically spend between £400-£600 at their viewing and ordering appointment.
Click below to go to our contact page, or drop us an email at email@example.com or calling us on 07738715131.
12 Reason's to Cherish the Newborn Stage
Ok, so I know this isn't photography related, but I read this and just had to share it with all mums-to-be.
A new baby, whether it is your first or 5th, is an incredible time (hence why we want to document it!)
Here's 12 (of many) reasons why you will just love the very new stage of having a baby:
- Their scent. Their heavenly sweet, intoxicating scent on their head that each time you drink it in, you (whether you realise it or not) sends you into a hormonal frenzy. You literally get drunk on it.
- Baby feet. Those wriggly, wrinkly little things will be quite the focal point of your little one and will undoubtedly get showered with kisses and tickles, and, along with their little fingers, will be counted more times than you can imagine.
- Gummy grins. Is it a smile? Is it wind? Who knows! We still swoon at the sight!
- Whey they grip your finger. That mini hug they give you might be a reflex but it still melts your heart.
- Babbling. Within a couple of weeks they'll start to make their funny little sounds. I just love when a little one chomps on their dummy, and it sounds like they're saying "wiggle wiggle wiggle"
- The clothes! You're probably going to be part of one of two schools of thought - either the baby should be in all white/lemon/mint for the first 3 months or you're going colourful from the get go. Either is just adorable!
- Skin to skin. Just like you'll love their scent, they'll love yours. A baby knows its mother from her scent and her voice. There is little in this world more soothing for both you and baby than having skin to skin contact, feeling each others heartbeat.
- When baby is 'milk-drunk'. That drunken stupor they go into when they've got a clean bum and a full tum... more swoon!
- Watching them sleep. Because you will, even when you should be asleep too. Watching their chest rise and fall with each little breath is mesmerising.
- Baby-wearing. A lot of mums try this, where they carry baby next to them in a sling. Even if you don't 'baby-wear' per se, you'll at the very least find yourself carrying baby next to you when you're out and when they just cwtch up on you and just stay there while you run errands only lasts for a few weeks before they're either too heavy or too alert.
- Baby poo. Trust me, when the solid food starts, you'll understand why.
- Baby snuggles. Because one day they won't fit in the crook of your arm or neatly on your chest. And believe me, you'll miss when they did!